Friday, May 20, 2011

World of Illusions

At some point in my life, not sure when, someone told me a lie about myself AND I BELIEVED THEM!
I was told that I wasn't pretty enough, rich enough, thin enough.... I wasn't living up to what their preconceived notions of me.  The saddest part was that I believed them.  I believed them when they told me all these things because I didn't have enough self esteem to tell myself they were wrong. 

Thoughts are things.

So I became what they told me.  I was so caught up in the emotions of the situations that I didn't stop to rationalize WHY they were telling me these untruths.  Looking back with a clear head, I realized that those people had problems of their own.  More than likely, they had self esteem issues, parental problems, they repeated what peers said, or they repeated what was being pumped to them through T.V.  They were being ruled by their own illusions.  So, they dealt with it the way they were taught....by being judgmental to others in order to protect themselves.  

So, it is up to me to forgive them.  Forgive them for choosing me to pick on.  Forgiveness for feeding into the illusions that all people have learned from each other.  I must also forgive myself for not being strong enough to stand up for myself.  When I forgive and let go I am releasing them and myself from the illusions that we both set up for each other.  After I have forgiven and let go, I must replace the empty space with love and thankfulness.  Thankfulness and love for the lessons that I have learned from the experiences.

When I was a little girl, I played with Barbie dolls.  I can remember examining these dolls and thinking that they didn't look like me. I didn't have all the "accessories" that they have.  I later learned that I didn't need to look like them or have what they had.  I understood that everyone is different in their own special way.  Everyone has a gift to give.  If they choose to see it! 

The change starts with me.  If I don't give in to others' illusions of how they think I should be, I can't be seen as such.  If I see people for what they really are I can help change the world.  Inside everyone is a good person, no matter what they've done in the past.  The past does not define us because it is over with.  The past is so we can learn how to live in present more effectively.   


Illusion Affirmation:
I lovingly submit and surrender the illusions of this world.  I realize that truth will extinguish all illusions.  When I release the illusions, I have more love to give and I am free.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment