Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quiet Time

In the age we live, there are many possible distractions,  if we let it.  TV, cell phones, radio, people, cars, work, obligations, responsibilities......
A very important life lesson for me lately is balance.  I had a misconceived notion that I had to do everything for everyone else.  I found that I was just getting in the way of what is really important by allowing the distractions of the world around me. In doing this, I was neglecting the most important thing of all... myself.  When I am in a state of quiet, my thoughts seem more organized and I can rejoin the "real world" stronger than before.

How do I take care of myself?  Taking a leisurely walk in the park, reading, meditating, playing music, writing in a journal....  Most of all finding the time to be alone with self and reflect on my experiences.
I must be strong enough to require alone time and others will respect me and my time more.  I open the door to inspired thought.  It comes to me is by allowing the distractions to subside and the enlightenment will flow into the uninhabited space.

Let me break it down to this simple equation:
Allow time for self + teach others how to = help change the world! 

An affirmation:
I now go within to my quiet space for reflection and relaxation.  I connect with my higher self and find my place of peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment